About Dr James R Bowman, ND DiHOM
Dr James R Bowman ND DiHOM
Dr. James R. Bowman ND DiHOM received his professional and medical training in Germany at the Freie Universitat College of Medicine in Berlin, and at the College of Medicine at the University of Heildelberg, Germany where he specialized in Family and Internal Medicine. He earned his degree as a Doctor of Naturopathy from Freie Universitat Fachinstitute für Naturheilkunde in Berlin.
Dr. Bowman also holds a degree as a Doctor of Medicine with a specialty in Alternative Medicine from the Open International University for Complementary Medicines in Sri Lanka.
Dr. Bowman is ANMA-ANCB Board Certified as a Doctor of Naturopathy (ND), and focuses his practice around the German naturopathic model of health. Dr. Bowman is an active member of the American Naturopathic Medical Association (ANMA), an organization of naturopathic professionals founded in 1981 and currently having more than 4,000 active and practicing members across the United States.
Upon his return to the United States, Dr. Bowman found himself frustrated with the narrow perspective of the American medical community and its dependence on manufactured pharmaceuticals and surgical interventions.
As a result, Dr. Bowman decided to focus his practice instead on the natural methods and approaches to holistic healthcare emphasized in the German model of health, including the use of solid nutritional principles and natural supplementation to return his patients to a healthy condition of bodily homeostasis and balance.
While he also works cooperatively with medical doctors, specialists, physical therapists, chiropractors and other health care providers, Dr. Bowman does not diagnose illness, prescribe Rx drugs, perform surgery, or himself practice as a traditional MD, and instead focuses his attention on educating patients on how to enable their body to best heal itself and to achieve optimal health regardless of age or condition.
Listen to an interview with Dr. James R. Bowman, ND DiHOM
Qualifications, Training & Experience
- Over 30 years in the practice of Naturopathic Medicine
- Background & training in Native American (Navajo) traditions of Healing and Herbal Medicine
- Primary medical training at the College of Medicine – Freie Universitat, Berlin (Germany)
- Advanced training at the College of Medicine – University of Heidelberg with a focus on Family & Internal Medicine (Germany)
- ND – Doctor of Naturopathy – Naturopathic Physician, Fachinstitute für Naturheilkunde, Freie Universitat, Berlin Germany
- ND – Board Certified Doctor of Naturopathy, American Naturopathic Certification Board (ANCB-ANMA), USA
- MD – Doctor of Medicine in Alternative Medicine, Open International University for Complementary Medicines, Sri Lanka
- DiHOM – Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine – Fachinstitute für Naturheilkunde, Freie Universitat, Berlin Germany
- DNHC – Diplomate, Natural Health Consultant, Trinity College of Natural Health, USA
- Active Member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- Active Member of the American Association of Physicians & Surgeons (AAPS)
- Active Member of the American Naturopathic Medical Association (ANMA)
- Active Member of the California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA)
- Active Member of the California Homeopathic Medical Society
- Unique, uncompromising care to enhance your good health and lifestyle
- Focuses on natural methods that work with your body not against it
- Treatment for patients of all ages and symptoms
- Specializing in treatments for Lymes, Cancer and Alzheimer’s
- Offering detoxification, Bemer and WBVT therapies
- Treatment for emotional disorders such as depression and anxiety
What is an ND compared to an MD?
The practice of medicine is like a tree – there are many different branches. ND’s and MD’s are two distinct branches of the medical “tree”.
Naturopathic Doctors (ND) are educated in all the same biomedical sciences as a Medical Doctor (MD). While MD’s primarily study the effects of pharmaceutical (manufactured) medicines on the body and disease and may be further trained in the physically invasive procedures of surgery, Naturopathic Doctors study holistic and non-toxic, non-invasive approaches to health care, with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness through good nutrition and the use of natural, homeopathic herbs and supplements.
Naturopathic medicine seeks to treat all aspects and phases of family health and wellness, from infancy through old age. Most of an ND’s study is devoted to non-pharmaceutical and non-surgical approaches to managing and improving patient conditions, and their focus includes lifestyle counseling, behavioral change, nutritional science, botanical medicine, and homeopathy.
A Naturopathic Doctor’s training and experience is to focus on the root cause of a condition or illness. Their philosophy of care embraces prevention, the interconnectedness of body systems, and the human body’s inherent ability to self-heal, given the proper nutritional tools and conditions.
The information in this website is intended for general informational and educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. None of the services or products offered are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Diet and nutrition are an inexact science and results obtained are not always constant or predictable. The dietary and nutritional information or recommendations that may be advised are not prescribed. *Dr. James R. Bowman ND does not represent or claim to conduct the activities of a medical doctor such as diagnose illness, issue Rx prescriptions or medications or perform surgery. Each user of this website must make all decisions for themselves related to their own health and well-being, with regards to the information presented herein. We fully support your choice to always seek a second opinion from your primary medical physician or other healthcare provider.